THE LOIRE VALLEY
- Renaissance castles: Chambord, Chenonceaux, Amboise, Azay-le-Rideau, and medieval fortresses: Chinon and Angers.
- Villandry's fascinating gardens.
- Centuries-old "maisons troglodytes," cave dwellings still used today as wine cellars, residences, restaurants and more.
- The Abbey of Fontevraud, with the tombs of Eleanor of Aquitaine and her son Richard the Lionhearted.
- The Clos Lucé, where Leonardo da Vinci spent his last years as the guest of King François Premier.
- Animated riverside towns, Saumur, Tours, Blois, each offering special treats-horseback riding, fine art museums, shopping, walking paths.
- Great cuisine and fine wines!
Day 1: (Hotel in Tours)
- Arrival day,
- Our guides will meet you at the train station.
- Mid afternoon
- Guided tour of Tours. Discover the elegant Renaissance and neo-classic mansions of the old town and learn about the fascinating history of the city, which has been an important metropolis since early Roman times.
- Welcome apéritif orientation and dinner.