Celebrating Eastern France
- Explore the cosmopolitan city of Strasbourg and the rich local culture of its smaller neighbors, Colmar and Obernai.
- Browse in tiny Alsatian wine villages -- Riquewihr, Kaysersberg and more - shop for local arts and crafts.
- Savor the diverse gastronomic specialties and regional wines of Champagne and Alsace-Lorraine.
- Visit battlefield sites of World War I and II -- Verdun, sectors of the Maginot Line.
- Discover elegant architecture and rich collections of Art Nouveau in Nancy, crystal works in Baccarat.
- Tour cellars and taste the sparkling wines of some of the region's most prestigious champagne houses in Epernay.
- Visit the Gothic cathedral of Reims, destroyed and rebuilt twice during the 20th century, site of the coronation of 25 French kings.
Day 1: (Hotel in Reims)
- Arrival day,
- Our guides will meet you at Charles de Gaulle Airport and will drive you to Reims. This historic city reflects traditional France with its sidewalk cafés, celebrated restaurants, stylish shops, a canal running through town and champagne cellars underneath, medieval churches and its magnificent Gothic cathedral.
- Welcome apéritif and orientation.