A LAND OF RESILIENT PEOPLE
- Explore historic Bayonne, elegant Biarritz and colorful Saint-Jean-de-Luz in the French Basque country.
- Discover the charm of farming and fishing villages: Donibane, Hondarribia, Ainhoa, Espelette, and more.
- Visit the Villa Arnaga, lovely home and gardens of Edmond Rostand, author of "Cyrano de Bergerac."
- Explore the amazing Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao.
- Sample an incredible variety of tapas at romantic sidewalk cafés in San Sebastián.
- See Guernica, whose destruction and suffering during the Spanish Civil War was memorialized by Picasso.
- Savor delicious Basque cuisine on both sides of the border.
Day 1: August 11 (Lodging near Biarritz)
- Arrival day,
- Your guides will meet you at the train station or airport in Biarritz.
- Short drive to Biarritz, for a welcome stroll on the beach promenade.
- Check in, rest, or take a short country stroll in the village.
- Apéritif and orientation on the Basque region.